There are many opportunities to make a difference in the
current and future
residents of nursing homes in Kentucky.
Here are some
ideas for a start:
- Be a regular visitor. Did you know that 60% of
residents in our nursing homes never have a visitor?
Your presence for a short time every week or so can make
- Get to know your local Ombudsman. He or she will be
a valuable source of information about local nursing
homes, and can help you find the right activity to make
a difference (Click
here to more information and to find your local
- Become active in the KYIQ Group. Numbers of voices
are very important when we work toward change. We will
work with you to find the right activity for you.
- Engage your local church or community organization
in contact and interaction with your local nursing
- Sponsor a presentation by the KYIQ Group at your
church or community organization to help educate
everyone about the need for improvements in nursing home
standards. Our group will be happy to provide a speaker
learn more about opportunities near you!